450gm minced pork
60gm egg whites (approx 2 eggs)
20gm corn flour
20gm cake flour (or self raising flour)
1 tbsp plain water
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp five spice powder
1 tsp red yeast rice powder (for coloring)
1 tbsp fresh ginger juice
2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp white pepper
1) combine all seasoning with minced pork and mix well.
2) add in egg whites and stir till mixture binds together.
3) Add in corn flour (to stick) and cake flour (to raise), and stir till mixture is in sticky form. Stir vigorously in one direction for about 1-2mins, u can slap the meat dough into the bowl if u want, this will break down the protein hence will produce the sticky form.
4) Add in water in between the stirring.
5) Lightly grease a steaming bowl, spoon in meat mixture in 3 batches, each time spread and press out the layer evenly to remove any air bubbles.
6) Cover the bowl with a plate and steam over preheated steamer for 35 mins or until cook through.
7) cool down completely before slicing. For serving , pan-fry the slices till golden brown or chill the remaining in fridge for 3-4 days. U can freeze if u want to.
HOME-MADE LUNCHEON MEAT