Almond Apricot Biscotti- by Pauline Wong
2 cups of self-raising flour
1 cup of caster sugar or brown sugar
1/2 tsp of fine salt
100gms of unsalted butter (room temperature)
2 eggs (lightly whisked)
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of apricot (roughly chopped)
1 cup of almonds or pistachio nuts (roughly chopped)
1) Preheat oven to 175C
2) Mix flour and butter till crumbly like coarse meal
3) Add sugar, salt, cinnamon powder and roughly mix the ingredients together with the flour mixture.
4) Add in eggs, vanilla extract and chopped nuts, mix till a dough is formed.
5) Prepare a baking tray and shape the dough into 2 logs approximately 30cm x 8cm
6) Bake in the oven for about 30 mins (or until golden brown)
7) Let the 2 logs cool down completely before slicing them into 2cm thick slices
8) Place the sliced cookies on the baking tray and bake them at 175C for another 15mins or till the cookies are set
9) Let the biscotti cool completely on a cooling rack before storing into air tight containers.
10) Enjoy the biscotti with a cuppa and kick back and relax!