APPLE CINNAMON MUFFINS – by Munira B
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar (not packed)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup (113g) Butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Apple, diced rather small
- I preheated my oven at 180°C. Took my butter out, diced it and place it in the microwave for 15-20 sec.
- While waiting, I lined my muffin tray and diced my apple. I didn’t bother to peel it.
- In only 1 bowl, I mix my butter with brown and white sugar with a spatula.
- Once creamed, I whisk the eggs and vanilla.
- I whisk in the milk.
- The I sprinkle the flour over the mixture, followed by the baking powder and cinnamon.
- Then whisk it all in.
- 4. Finally fold in the apples and using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffins liners.
- Bake for 22 – 25 mins.