Bread pudding with vanilla sauce – by Zahrah Jaafar
- 10 -11 pieces of french loaf or Gardenia bread pieces.
- ( I had 1 french loaf in the fridge)
- 3 cup of fresh milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Butter to brush the mould/dish.
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees C.
- Warm the milk in a small pot.
- In a mixing bowl..whisk the sugar & egg.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Pour the warm milk to the mixing bowl & whisk again.
- Brush the mould/dish with butter.
- Put butter to one side of the bread & arrange in the mould – buttered side face down to the mould.
- Slowly pour the liquid into the mould.
- Put the raisins as in pic.
- Bake bainmarie – put hot water in a bigger deep tray & put the mould in the hot water.
- Bake for 40-45mins or till golden brown.
You may sprinkle sliced almonds or choc rice or cinnamon powder.
- 2 cup fresh milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp custard powder
- 1 vanilla pod – if unavailable put 2 tsp of vanilla essence
In a small pot – put all above & bring to boil over slow fire.
If using vanilla pod..cut the pod into half & scrap the vanilla & Put into the pot..stir using the hand whisker.
Besides using mould or Pyrex dish you may put the bread pudding in a cupcake casing.