ROSEMARY & GARLIC FOCACCIA – Munira B
- 500g Bread Flour
- 7g Instant Yeast
- 2 tsp Fine Salt
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 300ml Warm Water
- Fresh Rosemary
- Crushed Garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Grease a bowl and two 8″ round baking dish. Set aside.
- Mix flour and yeast, make a hole, add oil, salt and warm water. Mix until combined, knead for 10 minutes until elastic.
- Place in a greased bowl and coat the dough in oil. Cover with clingwrap and proof for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Deflate dough. Round them up again and proof again for 40 minutes.
- Deflate dough again, divide into 2 and place them in the baking dish and flatten them out.
- Rest for 15 minutes.
- Make indentations with your fingers and place rosemary, crushed garlic, olive oil and coarse sea salt over the dough.
- Let it rise again for 40 minutes.
- 15 minutes before the end of proofing, preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove to cool on a wired rack.
- Serve warm