ALMOND CHIFFON CAKE – by Munira B
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 8g Castor Sugar
- 36g Corn Oil
- pinch of Salt
- 40g Milk
- 40g Cake Flour
- 36g Ground Almond
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 48g Castor Sugar
- Mix the egg yolk, castor sugar and salt evenly. Add in the corn oil and milk and mix well.
- Sieve in the cake flour and ground almond and mix evenly to form the batter.
- Beat the egg whites with cream of tartar until slightly frothy.
- Separate the castor sugar into a few portions and add it in a portion at a time while continuing to beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Lightly fold the meringue into the batter in three portions.
- Pour in the batter and tap it softly to get rid of air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 165°C for about 45 minutes.
- Immediately after baking, invert the cake onto a rack.
- Remove from the mould after it has cooled and serve.