– 6 tablespoons butter (plus a bit more for greasing the pan)
– 1 (10.5-ounce) bag mini marshmallows
– 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
– 20 coarsely chopped Oreos (chop with a knife / or back of spoon)
– 1 cup white chocolate chips (*optional)
1) Grease the inside of a 13- by 9-inch baking dish with butter. Set aside.
2) In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Once butter is melted add the marshmallows and turn the heat down to lowest.
3) Stir and melt the marshmallows, which will become smooth and glossy. Turn heat off and working quickly but gently, stir in cereal and chopped cookies. Immediately scrape sticky contents out into prepared pan. Use your greased hand, an offset spatula or the back of a spoon to gently press the mixture evenly into the pan.
4) *( Optional) Melt the chips in a glass bowl in the microwave oven, stir until smooth, and frost the top of the cookies. Sprinkle on the Oreo dust and press it lightly to adhere it to the white chocolate.
5) Allow to cool on the counter for 20-30 minutes or you can also transfer to the refrigerator and chill it for 20-30 minutes. This will allow for cleaner cutting.
No- bake Oreo Rice Krispie – By Wen Dee