VANILLA CUPCAKES – by Munira B
- 205g Self-Raising Flour
- 160g Cake Flour
- 400g Fine Sugar
- 227g Unsalted Butter
- 230g Full Cream Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Large Eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line 2 muffin trays with paper liners.
- Place both flour and sugar in your mixing bowl fitted with a pedal attachment.
- Run the mixer on low and gradually add in the butter until it resembles a crumbly mixture.
- Place milk and eggs along with vanilla extract in a jug and whisk till smooth.
- Slowly pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared liners ¾ of the way full and bake for 20 minutes or until skewer inserted in the middle cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove and let it cool on a wire rack until ready to frost.
CRUSTING BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 290g Crisco or any High Ratio Shortening
- 110g Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 900g Icing Sugar
- 1/8 – 1/2 cup Milk (I used 3/8 cup)
- Cream shortening and butter till well combined.
- Add vanilla.
- Slowly add sifted icing sugar followed by milk until reached desired consistency.