This classic recipe that is baked in the oven to give that dough on top the perfect doneness and golden brown colour. Usually pie crust is used, but I using ready puff pastry, is giving you even more crunchy and delicious. Satisfy with cravings with this comfort food!.. really yummy ..
Recipe source FoodForLife
1 cup Frozen Mixed Vegetables , thawed ( I use 300gm)
2 tablespoons Butter , softened
1 Onion , preferably Yellow Onion, sliced
1-2 cup All Purpose Flour , for dusting ( I use 3tbsp )
1 teaspoon Salt ( I use Maggie chicken stock 1 tbsp)
1 tbsp Oyster sauce
1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
Ground Black Pepper , to taste
1 cup Chicken Broth
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 cup Milk , room temperature ( i omit this)
2 cups Chicken , cooked and cubed
1 packet Frozen Puff Pastry , thawed
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in mixed vegetables and potato mixture; remove from heat.
- Ladle chicken mixture into individual ramekins. Top with puff pastry; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in tops.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving