Instant custard Almond cookies By Fiona Lau
- 250gm butter
- 150gm icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250gm plain flour
- 60gm instant custard powder
- 180gm broken almond lightly toasted and cool
- Almond (lightly toasted earlier whole almond or broken type)
- 1 egg mix with little salt well beaten
- Cream all in A till lightly fluffy then add B mix well till dough like
- Place dough between 2 sheets and roll out 1/2cm thick and mould it. (It may look loose and brittle but press tightly to form the dough)
- Place moulded cookie dough onto the baking tray.
- Glaze with the egg wash then top it with the almond and lightly glaze the Almond so that it will not easily drop out of the cookies
- Bake 175 degree for about 10mins or till golden brown and not overly dark.